Tuesday, September 30, 2008

First blog! Big!

What up people? First blog is going down live and direct from Columbia and Hastings in Vancity! I'm not a pro, but I can only imagine I'm gonna be the next Michael Jordan of this bloggin ish.

What is it about September that brings out the best in Hip-Hop? Look at all the albums that came out today! Large Pro dropped Main Source 2008, Murs came out with Murs For President, TI released Paper Trail.... and the album I was looking forward to the most was Heltah Skeltah's D.I.R.T. (Da Incredible Rap Team).

I gotta say, out of those 4, I'm feeling Large Pro's the most. He is clearly still a beast on the boards! The thing is though, maybe it's because I haven't had a lot of time to THOROUGHLY listen to the Heltah Skeltah joint, but I was a little bit dissapointed with it. The craziest thing about this album is that they sample Goldust's entrance theme from the WWF. Anyone remember this guy?



All wrestlers aside though, this is a pretty cold sample. It's got that epic sound to it. Goldust was pretty out there though... Hopefully this album grows on me in the next week or so...

That's all for now

No comments: